Tarte Tatin recipe is a delicious French dessert. Children and adults love it! The recipe is very easy to make. Give it a try and enjoy!
Recipe for 6 people:
- 1 rouleau de pâte feuilletée
- 8 pommes
- 100 g de beurre
- 100 g de sucre en poudre
- 1 cuillère à café d’extrait de vanille en poudre
- quelques pincées de cannelle en poudre
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 8 apples
- 100 g. butter
- 100 g. caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract powder
- a few pinches of cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Peel and quarter the apples, removing the cores
- In a springform pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the caster sugar and cook until it forms an amber-colored caramel (around 5-7 minutes).
- Arrange the apple quarters tightly in a circular pattern along the edge of the springform pan, rounded-side down. Fill in the middle with the remaining apple quarters.
- Cook the apples over medium heat for about 10 minutes, flattening them slightly with a spatula from time to time.
- Sprinkle the apples with vanilla extract powder and cinnamon powder. Place the puff pastry over the apples, covering them completely. Press the edges of the puff pastry down along the inside of the dish. Using a knife, prick a few holes in the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for a further 35-40 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.
- Allow the dessert to cool to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the dish, then invert it onto a large serving plate that is deep enough to contain the juices.